The Consulting Engineer - Full Stack Web is responsible for designing and developing applications that meet the needs of clients of GenUI. This role will collaborate with our clients to help create technical solutions for their business requirements on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Consulting Engineer position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed as a result to meet changing business needs.
- Efficiently translate client requirements into application features
- Prepare creative prototypes according to specifications
- Work together with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications
- Create high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- Organize unit and integration testing before launch
- Organize functional and nonfunctional testing and perform troubleshooting and debugging
- Review existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Prepare technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- 2+ years experience as an Application Developer
- Solid experience in designing and building applications
- Extensive experience with at least one programming language such as C#, Java (J2EE), etc.
- Bonus points for experience with ReactJS and Ruby on Rails or .NET
- Familiarity with programming for diverse operating systems and platforms using development tools
- Solid knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Technology consulting experience preferred
- A positive, constructive, can-do attitude in tackling any problem in software development, including having a full stack mindset
- A critical eye for quality, detail, and aesthetic in software development
- Passion for technology and a high awareness of industry context and ongoing evolution of relevant technology
- Enthusiasm for learning, collaboration and mentorship. Hacker / maker ethos
- Places high value on building and maintaining positive relationships
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401k with matching
- Education and development assistance program
- Vacation, sick and sabbatical leave
- Weekly tech talks with catered lunch!
Who We Are:
GenUI is a software product engineering company in Seattle, WA. We believe that the future will be built together. We're shaping the next generation of technology to make computing work for everyone.
We work with leading technology companies to achieve their goals in software development, product management, and capability augmentation. The best way to solve problems is through collaboration—with our team, our clients, and our community.
We’re a multidisciplinary team that builds powerful, scalable, and adaptable software products on today’s leading platforms—from mobile apps, smart devices, cloud services, and AR/VR experiences.
Since founding GenUI in 2009, we've built our reputation by delivering effective and delightful software products for our clients and partners.