The Business Development Executive is responsible for the company’s revenue growth through the acquisition of new customers. Fundamentally, the BDE practices empathy for the customer, listening carefully to the customer’s challenges, strategies, and needs, and identifying when these align with GenUI’s core capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of responsibilities for the Business Development Executive position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed as a result to meet changing business needs.
- Acquire new client relationships for GenUI by identifying fit between prospects’ needs and our services
- Build relationships through careful listening to customers and identifying their challenges and strategies
- Skillfully present GenUI’s capabilities, reputation, process and values, connecting these to the customer’s needs and strategy
- Set meetings for GenUI’s services team to go in-depth with a customer prospect and negotiate a sale
- Represent GenUI at conferences, industry events, forums, and networking functions
- Contribute to and maintain a profile of the customer who will get the most out of working with GenUI
- Contribute to and maintain GenUI’s list of high-priority client prospects
- Track and report sales activities in our CRM software
- Maintain sales and pipeline forecasts
- Feedback to Leadership Team regarding prospects’ needs not currently met by our services
- Give input and feedback to GenUI’s marketing initiatives
- 5+ years’ successful track record in selling software product development or technology consulting services
- Experience working with or within a mid-market or enterprise technology company in a business development, management, sales, product or engineering capacity
- Knowledge of contemporary technology strategy and platforms such as AWS, Azure, mobile, web, and DevOps
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in business or a technology-related field preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills, outgoing, collaborative and exceptional ability to connect people and process
- Exhibits “can do” attitude
- Ability to go deep into a discussion of strategy and technology with empathy for the customer’s situation
- Is a company and community builder
- Understands the value of reputation
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401k with matching
- Education and development assistance program
- Vacation, sick and sabbatical leave
- Weekly tech talks with catered lunch!
Who We Are:
GenUI is a software product engineering company in Seattle, WA. We believe that the future will be built together. We're shaping the next generation of technology to make computing work for everyone.
We work with leading technology companies to achieve their goals in software development, product management, and capability augmentation. The best way to solve problems is through collaboration—with our team, our clients, and our community.
We’re a multidisciplinary team that builds powerful, scalable, and adaptable software products on today’s leading platforms—from mobile apps, smart devices, cloud services, and AR/VR experiences.
Since founding GenUI in 2009, we've built our reputation by delivering effective and delightful software products for our clients and partners.