The Consulting Engineer - Android is responsible for designing and developing Android applications that meet the needs of clients of GenUI. This role will collaborate with our clients to help create technical solutions for their business requirements on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Consulting Engineer position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed as a result to meet changing business needs.
- Design and develop Android software applications for new products or product enhancements
- Develop code to meet requirements and specifications of application
- Perform testing, troubleshooting and debugging of application throughout the development process
- Work together with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Efficiently use third-party data sources and APIs
- Collaborate and partner with clients to understand their business requirements and create technical solutions
- Explore and utilize new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- 2+ years experience of Android software development experience
- Have at least one original Android app published
- Solid experience of working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- Demonstrated success in environments of test-driven development and continuous integration
- Familiarity with third-party libraries and APIs
- Solid knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Technology consulting experience preferred
- A positive, constructive, can-do attitude in tackling any problem in software development, including having a full stack mindset
- A critical eye for quality, detail, and aesthetic in software development
- Passion for technology and a high awareness of industry context and ongoing evolution of relevant technology
- Enthusiasm for learning, collaboration and mentorship. Hacker / maker ethos
- Places high value on building and maintaining positive relationships
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401k with matching
- Education and development assistance program
- Vacation, sick and sabbatical leave
- Weekly tech talks with catered lunch!
Who We Are:
GenUI is a software product engineering company in Seattle, WA. We believe that the future will be built together. We're shaping the next generation of technology to make computing work for everyone.
We work with leading technology companies to achieve their goals in software development, product management, and capability augmentation. The best way to solve problems is through collaboration—with our team, our clients, and our community.
We’re a multidisciplinary team that builds powerful, scalable, and adaptable software products on today’s leading platforms—from mobile apps, smart devices, cloud services, and AR/VR experiences.
Since founding GenUI in 2009, we've built our reputation by delivering effective and delightful software products for our clients and partners.